At AB-D Satellite System Engineering Limited we are committed to protecting your personal data and to being open and transparent on why we have it and what we use it for.
- what data we have, how we collect it and why we have it;
- who is responsible for our data;
- data storage; and
- data access and accuracy.
AB-D Satellite System Engineering Limited needs to collect and use certain information about the people we come into contact with in order to carry out our work and serve our clients to the best of our ability. This personal information is collected and dealt with as set out in the GDPR.
The data we will collect, and store is:
- business card: containing first name and surname, email address, contact telephone number(s);
- enquiries to our Website;
- internet searches of SNG providers and the contact details available via your company website;
- physical address, where your business address is also your home address;
- social Media Forums including, but not limited to, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook; and
- mutual contact after your express permission has been given.
AB-D Satellite System Engineering Limited will ensure that data is collected within the boundaries defined in this policy. We will ensure we have your informed consent which means:
- a data subject clearly understands why their information is needed, who it will be shared with; and
- then gives their consent.
When collecting data, AB-D Satellite System Engineering Limited will ensure that the data subject:
- clearly understands why the information is needed;
- understands what it will be used for; and
- as far as reasonably possible, grants explicit consent, either written or verbal for data to be processed.
How we use your information:
- Email address so that we can keep you informed of services that we believe may be of interest to you and/or your business, including occasional newsletters;
- Your first and last name so that we can address correspondence to you personally including business proposals, quotations and invoices;
- Your home address if this is the same as your business address to post correspondence, attend for site visits and/or collection and delivery of equipment; and
- Telephone numbers to enable us to contact you.
2. Data Controller
AB-D Satellite System Engineering Limited is the Data Controller under the GDPR, which means that it determines for what purpose personal information is held and will be used for.
AB-D Satellite System Engineering Limited use the services of trusted businesses and suppliers to ensure we run our business effectively and within our legal obligations. During the course of our relationship information relating to our data subjects, such as their first name and surname, email address or telephone number and business name, may be shared; current examples of these are:
- George Hay Accountants for our accounting needs and accounting package;
- Kashflow Accounting Package – for our database, to quote and invoice clients; and
- Vistaprint to host our website and email.
AB-D Satellite System Engineering Limited will only share data with other associated parties on receipt of your prior written consent and only after providing you with a full explanation of why we would like to do so i.e. they are interested in the services and/or products you supply.
AB-D Satellite System Engineering Limited intends to ensure that personal information is treated lawfully and correctly. To this end, we will adhere to the Principles of Data Protection, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998.
Specifically, the Principles require that personal information:
- shall be processed fairly and lawfully and, in particular, shall not be processed unless specific conditions are met;
- shall be obtained only for one or more of the purposes specified in the Act, and shall not be processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose(s);
- shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose(s);
- shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date;
- shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under the Act; and
- shall be kept secure by the Data Controller who takes appropriate technical and other measures to prevent unauthorised or unlawful processing or accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal information.
AB-D Satellite System Engineering Limited will, through appropriate management:
- observe fully conditions regarding the fair collection and use of information;
- meet its legal obligations to specify the purposes for which information is used;
- collect and process appropriate information, and only to the extent that it is needed to fulfil its operational needs or to comply with any legal requirements;
- Ensure that the rights of the data subject whom information is held, can be fully exercised under the Act.
- Take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard personal information; and
- Set out clear procedures for responding to requests for information.
5. Data Storage
Information and records relating to our data subjects will be stored securely and will only be accessible to authorised personnel.
Information will be stored for only as long as it is needed or required statute and will be disposed of appropriately.
It is AB-D Satellite System Engineering Limited responsibility to ensure all personal and company data is non-recoverable from any computer system previously used within the organisation, which has been passed on/sold to a third party.
6. Data access and accuracy
All contacts have the right to access the information AB-D Satellite System Engineering Limited holds about them. AB-D Satellite System Engineering Limited will also take reasonable steps to ensure that this information is kept up to date by asking data subjects whether there have been any changes.
In addition, AB-D Satellite System Engineering Limited will ensure that:
- everyone processing personal information understands that they are responsible for following good data protection practice;
- anybody wanting to make enquiries about handling personal information knows what to do;
- it deals promptly and courteously with any enquiries about handling personal information;
- it describes clearly how it handles personal information; and
- It regularly assesses and evaluates its methods and performance in relation to handling personal information.
This policy will be updated as necessary to reflect best practice in data management, security and control and to ensure compliance with any changes or amendments made to the Data Protection Act 1998. When this occurs, we will notify you in writing and put an updated copy on our website.
In case of any queries or questions in relation to this policy please contact the AB-D Satellite System Engineering Limited at [email protected].